Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ease on Down the Road

Today was a great day for a bike ride, and I was out on my two wheels for about two and a half hours. It was a bit challenging at times because one of my favorite roads, made of dirt and gravel, had suffered severe erosion during the recent flooding in our area. I had not traversed this road since that bad bout of weather, so the damage really startled me. In some places, such huge chunks of road were missing that it seemed as though a giant had taken "giant" sized bites. Additionally, in several places along the road, navigating was quite difficult because of huge deposits of sand that had collected. Despite my determination, I was forced to walk my bike through a couple of those areas.

All in all, I got in a great ride. The temp highs were in the upper seventies, perhaps even reaching the low eighties. I didn't see any other cyclists, something sorta unusual for such a pleasant day. I did spot several runners and a few individuals just out for a nice walk.

Prior to setting out on my ride, I shot some pictures outdoors. I will share more of those later; for now, I am posting the above photo, taken beside a small tree by the corner of our house.

I attended our monthly knitting guild meeting this evening, where I completed another little wool hat. This one is a simple beanie, knit with a self-patterning sock yarn. The wool is a washable one, so the hat is a practical one. Perhaps I will photograph it and publish a photo in a future post.

Well, we're all just about ready to get into the beddy bye.

Nighty night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment