Saturday, April 2, 2011

Brooklyn Bits

Our little excursion into the Big Apple began in Brooklyn, since that is where Squidley had made accomodations for us. Honestly, though, I didn't shoot a large number of pictures there. (These were shot on Saturday.) Upon arriving, we had to get settled into our room, freshen up a bit, and take the nearly one hour subway ride into Manhattan. We were attending a musical that evening, and we wanted to get there a little early.

This unattended mail cart was, to me, an odd little helper. When the mail lady returned to continue making her way along the sidewalk, she told me that it wasn't at all unusual to have her cart photographed. I guess someone was awfully proud of their Fall artwork and didn't care that it was already mid-February. And actually, though I didn't get any pictures of them, there were quite a few houses that still sported Christmas lawn and window decorations.




I like the collage-esqueness of this photograph.



I think you can double click on this photo to get a better look at the "Don't Honk" sign that warns of a $350 penalty for disobeying.


This sign I found even more amusing: "No Standing, 7 am to 10 am, Mon.-Fri." Hmmm . . . Wonder if it's ok to lie down for a little nap?


Pretty neat the way these buildings split the street.


Red velvet cakes, made fresh at a a local bakery, look sorta like those fake, unusually tall cakes you see in some of the old movies.


a yellow topping resembling egg yolk


lemon merengue pies that could double as ladies' bouffant hairdos



Love that bridge! (Perhaps I'll post a photo of said bridge later.)


I'd like to know the number of taxis in New York. I think we saw every single one of them.


So, just wanted to post a small number of photographs to this entry. Will bore you with more in upcoming posts.


Nighty night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment