Thursday, September 16, 2010

Complimentary Birthday Puzzle Card

Someone else might have found it highly tempting to "go postal" upon receiving the following birthday card from their mother. Not me, though.
So just what was my reaction? Cool as a cucumber!
I have gone round and round with the good ole Pony Express so many times that I finally just threw in the towel. Fighting with them is simply not worth the effort or the stress. So, in spite of the fact that the card from my mom was heavily damaged, I actually will remember this card probably more than any other. Because there is a story behind it.
And just a by the way. The first photograph shows the message sent by the Pony Express, sort of a "stock apology."


When spread out, the card is in five pieces.

And a footnote to this story: the check my mom enclosed was unscathed. Boy, oh, boy! The Pony Express sure is slipping.

Nighty night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment