Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dutch Treat

I like the subject of this photograph immensely. The design is quite eye-pleasing to me. Mostly, though, it is a perfect example of love.

This Amsterdam bike, ordered from and shipped all the way from California, is a gift from Squidley. He knows of my enjoyment of all sorts of Dutch things, and he of course knows the pleasure I get from riding my bicycle. And as much as I like my new bike, I am beside myself with joy over this wonderful display of love.

The artwork featured on my bicycle is credited to Alexander Girard. He is widely known for his contributions in the field of American textile design, particularly through his work for Herman Miller, where he created fabrics for the designs of George Nelson and Charles and Ray Eames. Of course, he is known for many other artistic endeavors as well.


Girard and his wife, Susan, amassed a huge collection of artifacts including folk art, popular art, toys, and textiles from around the world. The Girard Foundation is responsible for the display of said items. One day, I hope we can visit these museums.


Well, I hope everyone has enjoyed a pleasant weekend. And I wish for you a very good week.


Nighty night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment