Thursday, September 9, 2010

Deal . . . or No Deal? . . . . . . . . . DEAL!

Just after midnight, and after we'd gotten into the beddy bye, Squidley announced that he was thirsty and would really like some water. He added that his back was bothering him. Despite this proclamation, he didn't budge from his reclined position. I knew it wasn't like him to hint around for me to do something for him. Just not his style. (More my style!) I still didn't think too much about it, though, and I said I'd go downstairs and get him a bottle of water. And then I began to nod off. He then said something about the water again. I said I started falling asleep immediately after I had volunteered to get the water but now was awake again and would be back with it in a jiffy.

I reached the kitchen and saw the stacked tins pictured above, along with a card labeled "Elovabeth" in cursive. Well, of course, I immediately knew for sure that this was some sort of wedding anniversary surprise; however, I kinda though Squidley had forgotten about setting this up when he made the water request. So I was just going to have to get the water and pretend I hadn't seen anything unusual. And boy, was this going to require an Academy award winning performance! First, though, I wanted to take a good long look at the numbered tin "sculpture on the kitchen island. Somehow it made me think of that tv game show featuring models in short cocktail dresses that clutch numbered, silver-colored briefcases. My imagination was on a roll when suddenly someone hugged me from behind. Squidley!

Long story short: I was told to choose a numbered tin (hand numbered by Squidley, himself). (The top tin was numbered "tin" rather than "ten" because the former is the traditional tenth year anniversary gift.) After I chose number 5, I had to multiply that number by 2. So the top "tin" was the one I got to open. And inside was a pretty sapphire ring set in a lovely white gold. Just very pretty.

This is the front of the card Squidley gave me. We both like great danes, too.

And something good definitely came in this small package.
I am grateful for these anniversary surprises, and I am also thankful for the wonderful evening we enjoyed together.

And I thank God for our joys in love and life.

Oh, and just a by the way. Today is the one year anniversary of this little blog, and this is the 367th post. I have enjoyed posting nearly every single one, and I have enjoyed those that Squidley posted, on those nights when I could barely keep my eyes open, even more.

Thank you for reading and for looking at my pictures.

Nighty night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment