Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sew Surprised

Ta da! The project I started only days ago is now listed in the "Done" column. It's also listed in the "I'm Happy with How It Turned Out" column. Because I didn't start with a complete picture of the end result, I was cautiously optimistic.
All of the fabric is from my scrap stash, so that makes it that more special to me. I have made at least one item from each of the fabrics represented by the rectangle menagerie

The entire piece was machine quilted, and the process went exceedingly well. There are seventeen quilted lines, stretching lengthwise across the fabric. The black strips, also stretching lengthwise, are actually grosgrain that was pre-stitched along the edges in white. At the base of the piece is a modern bow made of the same white-stitched black ribbon. The edges were finished with red quilt binding, and the back side is a soft, pale yellow cotton.


A most content Scout sleeps on Squidley's lap.


Deutsch takes a power nap after a fun, active day.
A good evening to everyone.
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment