Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Why, Twiddle Dee Dee!

Thought I'd share one thing I did yesterday.


No, I didn't read that infamous sequel. Been there. Done that.


I had put away the picnic quilt for a while to work on other things. Yesterday, it was back to the drawing board. I sandwiched the quilt layers (backing, batting, and quilt top), then pin basted said layers together. The books (I've read three of four.) doubled as "paper weights," preventing the entire project from ferrying.

Five helpful little words no one every mentioned to me: stretch pants and knee pads. Perhaps I should have chosen something other that the floor for a working surface. At any rate, that is done. Now I simply must decide what quilting technique I will employ.

I almost forgot the really exciting thing about pinning the layers. My fifty quilt pin package actually contained fifty-three pins. Yippee! So, I had one pin for each square center, and one for each border.


Must get to sleep soon. Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment