Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cherries Jubilee


I worked on several projects today, among them, one featured in the two posted photographs. I've had the cherry print for quite some time (about a yard) and haven't known what to do with it. The yellow graphic print was a half yard piece I'd purchased in Fort Worth a while back. So this afternoon I married the two fabrics and voila! An eye-pleasing celebration. And I stitched down the center of the yellow piece, turning one pocket into two. I then topped the twin pockets with a wide, red, modern bow I made. I anchored it in place with a few machine stitches, then added a few hand stitches to firmly secure it.
The second small quilt is almost ready for the binding. I simply need to trim the perimeter to ensure the uniformity of each of the four sides. At this time, I do not plan on binding the border, but that could change. I really like to audition the quilt at each stage of construction.

Today was warm, then a little cool, and the evening is cooler. Squidley took a little time late this afternoon for some practice at the driving range. He was pleased that he learned something new that has already begun to improve his game. I think he also was reminded of the benefit of doing something fun can have on one's health and well being.

After a salad and ziti dinner, which was quite delicious, I am a bit tired and feel the need for sleep. It looks like Deutsch and Scout and India have the same idea. And yes, Squidley appears to be a member of this team, too.

I'm hoping for everyone a pleasant weekend.

Nighty night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment