Friday, May 7, 2010

Three Dog Night

This is but a small sample of my wonderful day. I will post additional, related photographs in a future entry.

The best part of my day was accepting an invitation to lunch from Squidley. One of our favorite "midday" eating establishments was serving, among other specials, delicious fried catfish. I like that I can always get a nice salad, too. And the icing on the cake is the consistently sweet tea. Southern style! Honestly, I always try drinking as much as I can. And often I also take a large sweet tea to go, too. Of course, the very best thing about going to lunch was being in Squidley's company.

The above picture is a closeup of a lap-sized quilt I worked on this afternoon. I took the pieced front side and sandwiched it with cotton batting an d a printed cotton backing. I used quite a few quilting safety pins to secure the three layers. Next, I stitched around all of the thirty-six squares (with the exception of the outer edges), employing the "stitch in the ditch" method. I had used this process once before and had fair success. With that experience under my belt, I knew that sewing a little more slowly would likely yield "a lot more stitches in the ditch." At any rate, I will do a bit more quilting on the piece, something in each of the squares. Then it will be ready for binding. Yippee!

Well, it is late, and we are all tired. India is going to sleep with Deutsch and Scout for the first time tonight, and she is going to love that. During her first few weeks here, we just felt she was too small.

I wish everyone a wonderful weekend.

Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment