Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ladies in Waiting

Today we found our first dahlia clasificada bloom, and boy, did this lady ever make quite the entrance! And, as is visible to the left in the photo, there are sturdy blooms waiting in the wings. We have a second dahlia which does not yet have buds. It is, nonetheless, the picture of a healthy plant, and we look forward to seeing what its blooms will look like.

This closeup of the dahlia highlights its waxy, red and white petals. Those petals beautifully frame the bloom's center, which looks sorta like little yellow beads of sunshine.

Despite still being a bit under the weather, Squidley thoughtfully put together a nice, crisp salad for my dinner.

And there was lemonade made from fresh, squeezed lemons.

And I was sitting on the patio when he surprised me with my dinner. After a short bit, I had to finish my meal indoors once the mosquitoes decided they wanted their dinner on the patio, too.
Wishing everyone a pleasant evening.
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment