Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bag of Cherries

So, here are the promised photographs of a recently completed sewing project. The photo above shows the front of the structured tote bag I made.

This shot includes the entire front. Notice that the bag's bottom is not visible.
Again, here is the front view; in this shot, however, the bottom is folded upward to expose my method of shaping said bottom.

This is simply a close-up of the previous picture.

This shot highlights the floral decorative stitching I added to plain, 3/8" red grosgrain ribbon, as well as the double zig zag top stitching I applied to the bag's top edge. Both techniques can be studied more closely by double clicking on the picture.

This view shows the plain, but pretty, back side.

Here is the back side with the bottom folded upward.

Here, a sneak peek at the bag's interior shows the lining was made with the same fabric used for the bag's front pocket. I made the straps with that fabric, too. I bought that material during one of our trips to Fort Worth, simply because I liked it, and I think I bought less than a yard. I'm glad I at last found a use for it. (I had nothing else on hand to coordinate with the cherry fabric.)

I made what I call a "modern bow" to use as an accent for the bag's front pocket. The red helps unite the two fabrics.

India is sleepy.

Deutsch is sleepy.

Scout is sleepy.
After a huge homemade meal of grilled, barbecue pork ribs, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, and coleslaw, Squidley and I went to a movie. We actually did not fill up on junk because we had just eaten a really good dinner. Oh, and just a by the way, we went to see "Letters to Juliet." We both thought it was a surprisingly good film. And even though the scenery was real (It was shot on location.), we're pretty sure the background of the last scene was a matte, simply because the desired background didn't line up with the desired medium shot.
Well, it is beddy bye time for the five of us. After a fun morning/afternoon outing, other activities, and a movie, we are plum tired.
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment