Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Nickname

Tonight Squidley had to pick up a few items from the pet supplies store, and while there, he got another cute outfit for India. It is especially appropro because of the lettering on the back: Little Pupcake. Like Deutsch and Scout, she has many nicknames, and one of my favorites is "Cupcake." So, when Squidley showed me his surprise for her, I was delighted.


I finished a couple of sewing projects today and will post some pictures of them soon. I've only photographed one of the completed projects and will catch up on the other tomorrow.
And I've also been knitting pretty much every day during recent weeks. Nothing exciting for posting. I'm knitting ten-inch, cotton squares that are actually wash cloths, and I'm using natural and light-colored yarns (such as pale yellow). I plan to donate these, via a group that is coordinating this project, to an institute that is working to clean animals affected by the oil crisis. (The natural and light-colored yarns, I think, will be less likely to irritate the wildlife than yarns that are heavily dyed.) The pattern I'm using starts with casting on four stitches. After knitting one row (of four stitches), I then increase each row by one stitch (by adding a yarnover). When I've reached the row with forty-three stitches, the knitting will be triangle shaped. At that point I will begin decreasing each row by one stitch. When I have a row with only seven stitches, I will begin casting off.
Well, I'm ready to get into the beddy bye.
Nighty night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment