Sunday, June 20, 2010

Maybe It's Maybelline

I wasn't even outdoors when I first spotted this little creature through the back door that leads to the patio. He flew randomly around the back windows before falling down through a side opening of a kennel on the patio. I opened the kennel door, shot some pictures, and left him to his own devices as far as getting out. I was concerned that an attempt on my part to pick him up or move him in any way could possibly injure him.
He is a striking little guy. His body, a leafy green, reminds me of the outer leaves of cabbage and is dotted with a few off-white circles and other markings. The top edges of his wings and his head are dramatically outlined with a soft, sable color, quite similiar to one of my favorite eyeliners. And grabbing onto the eye makeup theme and running with it, each of his antennae resembles the brush end of a mascara applicator.
Well, we've had a most pleasant weekend, and I hope yours, too, has been nice. Have an enjoyable week, all.
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment