Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tailor Made

Just want to share a another handful of blooms with you, starting with these colorful and dainty snapdragons. (These are a variety called Tahiti Mix.) This is the first year I've tried my hand at growing this particular type of flower, though I've had a strong liking for them since childhood. The blooms are quite delicate but are shaped in such a way it seems a bloom would "pop" if pressed between forefinger and thumb (kinda along the lines of bubble wrap). These snapdragons are, I must say, odd little creatures. Just when they look as though they've nothing left in them, new buds appear, and the results are glorious. And seemingly as quickly as they appeared, I'm left dumbfounded by their speedy exit. And then the process begins again. It's such a little thing, yet it's fascinating.
This is the first bloom on my second dahlia, a flower that looks as though it was tailored. Its fluted, lemon-colored petals lie in a precise, origami like arrangement.


This yellow squash blossom is part of a volunteer that showed up unexpectedly this spring.
Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend.
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment