Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cool Wool

The high temp today, as near as we could figure, was about 104 degrees. Yikes! So during the morning and for a couple of hours this afternoon, I knitted with some of my fellow guild members. Two of us worked on knitting socks. Wool ones! Now how much sense does that make, considering the temps! Well, I guess it makes about as much sense as knitting a wool hat, something else I worked on today. (Actually, knitting indoors was a great activity while staying out of the heat.) And I finished it just before dinner. The above photograph shows the chestnut brown hat with a somewhat bobbled edge. And yes, it is one hundred percent wool. I found the hat pattern and immediately liked it. Also, it was a style unlike any I'd ever knitted. I will knit another in a different color, perhaps a winter white or navy or a denim.

This is a closeup of part of the edge. This bottom portion took longer to knit than the "knitted" part above.

I thought I'd add one more closeup.

Take good care.

Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment