Friday, July 2, 2010

Down By the Riverside

We spent another relaxing evening by the water's edge, and if possible, the setting of the sun was even prettier than last night.



By double-clicking on this photo, a small fowl standing on a rock just a little left of center front can be more easily studied. Additionally, the small fish hanging from his beak is slightly more obvious.

Those who know me well can testify to the fact that I have an immense liking for cedar trees. And that is actually sort of a funny-odd thing since I never cared much for the cedar Christmas trees we decorated at home when I was growing up. As far I was concerned, they just didn't measure up to the majestic, branch laden, perfectly-sized trees tucked away in the December portions of favorite childhood storybooks. Now, some of my favorite cedars are ones I've photographed during heavy snow showers and, yes, near-blinding blizzards. I published one such picture, of several cedars on a tiny island, to my blog back in either January or February of this year.
And continuing with the "childhood" theme, I remember my dad pointing out cattails alongside some of the "beachy" roads we traversed while on family vacations. He always emphasized that it was illegal to pick them. Don't know if that is the case here. At any rate, they are quite a treat for the eyes.

What a hearty flower this is, especially considering the recent high temps. Perhaps the heat, for this little bit of flora anyway, is but a warm, encouraging kiss.

little bursts of joy

the magnolia bloom: the ultimate Southern corsage?
Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend.
Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment