Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Leash of Love

Recently, I mentioned that I was planning to start a new project. The above photograph shows the outcome: a pretty little pink and black gingham leash for India.

I wanted the leash to look nice and girly for India, so I chose a medium shade of pink. Black gingham ribbon is what I liked for the contrast.

The thick white stitching on the pink doubled as a terrific guide for centering the gingham.

I machine stitched across one short end and along one long side.
I then repeated the above step for the remainder of the belting and ribbon. Next, I folded a small portion of the belting over to form a loop, or handle, and stitched it securely into place. In addition to the edge stitching, I stitched a large "X" in the center. And lastly, I slipped a small swivel hook over the opposite end, then stitched the belting's end to the body of the work.
I am very happy with my first attempt at constructing a leash. I had planned on making two this afternoon, but I got a late start because of a bobbin problem. For a while, I thought the machine might have to spend a little time in the repair shop. After working for quite a while with it, however, things starting going smoothly again.
I will make new leashes for Deutsch and Scout, too. First, however, I must peruse a few of my favorite web sites and locate the perfect ribbon for them.
Well, it's time to get into the beddy bye, where I will do a little bit of knitting before I fall asleep. Yes, I know, knitting with 1oo percent wool when the day's high was about a hundred degrees. Too funny.
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment