Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Good Yarn

During a telephone call this afternoon, I ran upstairs so that I could quickly check on my laundry. Deutsch, Scout, and India were happily napping together (or, as is typical, sleeping in a pile). Naturally, I knew better than to have left them alone. Scout and Deutsch are about ninety percent trustworthy. That's a fairly good percentage. India, on the other hand, finds overpowering appeal in certain items around the house and unhesitatingly yields to desire.

This was the second time during the past two weeks that India has destroyed a knitting project. The previous one was a winter white, wool hat I had begun making. I have actually started over on that, using fresh, dry yarn. Today she enjoyed playing with Noro, a beautiful, self-striping, Japanese yarn I was using to make an "on the bias" winter scarf.



And though I had put a good bit of work into each of those projects, I simply was not terribly upset about either. I know it is not wise to leave such things within her reach. And I know that often, when the cat's away, the mouse will play.
So, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment