Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Fabled Cable

Here's the winter white, wool hat I mentioned in yesterday's post. It was actually kinda good that India messed up the first attempt. When I started again, I changed to a different pattern. The original one was plain, and I wasn't particularly fond of it. This hat has a nice little cable pattern that adds a bit of interest. Anyway, I started this on Monday and finished it the next afternoon.

Here is a closer look at some of the cabling.

Today I started another hat, and yes, it, too, is being made with a worsted wool yarn. I'm using a soft, chestnut brown, a color I think should look nice this Fall. This hat is unlike any others I've knitted. So far, I'm still working on the brim. Thankfully, there are only a few more rows of that portion before I can begin knitting the body of the hat. I say "thankfully" because the pattern calls for a huge number of "knit five togethers" and "K1, P1, K1, P1, K1's). The "knit fives" are a little rough on my left index finger, and that latter stitches are simply time consuming. The finshed look, however, should be worth all the extras. I'll post some pictures sometime soon.

Hope your day has been good.

Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment