Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Flight of Fancy

I first spotted this little gal from the sitting room window. I hastily grabbed my camera and bolted through the back doorway onto the patio, barely dreaming I'd manage any sort of shot of her. (Double click on the photo for an enlarged and much better view of the subject.)

I was fortunate to get a second shot, this one at a different angle. I then quickly shot another, but I just wasn't fast enough. The subject was flying away. I did, however, get a very nice transitioning picture.

In the upper left corner of this picture, the dragonfly can be seen mid-flight. (Again, double click on the photo to see an enlarged version of this shot.) Though this is not the result I'd wanted, this surprise shot thrilled me. What an elaborate display of her rapid wing movement!

This little fellow was out exploring the same afternoon.

There's nothing like a lazy little stroll across the patio.
As I often say, one need only walk outdoors to discover the uniqueness and beauty that has always been there.
Nighty night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment