Wednesday, August 18, 2010

India and the Panda: Common Ground

The above photo shows a third hat I've started. I am not, however, knitting three hats. I would be if dear, sweet India had not decided to snack on the winter white one I'd recently started and featured in this past Sunday's post. Not only did she enjoy playing with the wool yarn, but she chewed the tips of the bamboo circular needles. In fact, one needle was missing its tip. Those were the only size nines I owned. During my Sunday afternoon class, though, I bought another set in size nine, thinking I could have two similiar hat projects going on at the same time. (At that point, she had not yet gotten to the bamboo pair.) And it just so happened that I bought the nickel plated Addis, those wonderful, German engineered needles. So I was able to begin the third hat after I discovered the state of the white one.

The third hat project is being knitted with a striking, jewel-toned green. The yarn, a nice, smooth merino wool, was manufactured in Italy by Berrocco.

Well, we have had seemingly tons of rain, with more precipitation likely tomorrow. It has cooled the air considerably, though it was a bit muggy after dinner.

Hope your week is going well.

Nighty night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment