Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fashion Forecast: Warm and Comfortably Soft


Today's "Windows into Wednesdays" features two of our own. Awhile back, while Squidley and I were lazily poking around a quaint little antique shop, he happened upon a couple of boxes filled with old alphabet building blocks. Squidley patiently searched until he found all the letters needed to spell out the names of our two beautiful little boys. He even found a block with a picture of a little Dutch girl on it. (Besides Deutsch, I have just long had a hankering for all things Dutch.)

With the modest amount of material remaining from the holiday travel pillowcase, I made a few small items, incluing a neat little pin cushion. This is the back side and has, as is obvious, a bit of rick rack style stitching.

This photo, though a bit blurred, shows the front of the pin cushion, also featuring two rows of rick rack stitching. The striped squares are made from leftovers from a previous project.

I should have flipped this photo but didn't think of it until now. Anyway, since finishing this cushion, I've made two more from two matching fabrics. I think I may like them a bit more because of the top stitching I did on them. I'll try to remember to add them to another post.
Today has been very pleasant, with a nice coolness to the air. Before going out this evening, I slipped on a zip-up sweat jacket of Squidley's. It was perfect: warm and comfortably soft. And given a choice between stylish and soft clothing, I'll take soft any day of the week and throw stylish right out the window.
And now, to make my way to my warm and comfortably soft beddy bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment