Saturday, December 5, 2009

Goodbye, iffy. Hello, spiffy!

A view of one of this building's sides gives an impression of Old World architecture in the true sense of the word "old." This description, however, couldn't be farther from the truth. It is merely a Disneyesque impersonation, or Disney imitating art. Still, you gotta give 'em a hand for the hard work put into their foray into architectural counterfeit.

We are having a hugely wonderful holiday. It has not rained even one single day of our park visits. The one day it did rain was the one we had determined, in advance, would be earmarked for a shopping excursion. So that couldn't have worked out better.

And speaking of working out, Banana Republic had some of the neatest jeans I've seen in a while. You know, the kind that don't look like they've been run over by an army tank. However, the petite ones were "petite" in every way except the length. Now, I certainly can hem pants; I just don't particularly want to put my sewing time into something I'm purchasing as "ready-made." So one pair was all I bought. (I did buy a sweet little light gray, micro-fiber knit top and some nifty boxers for the guys on my Christmas list.) Anyway, buying only one pair of jeans turned out to be a really good thing. I'd finished my shopping but made a last minute decision to pop into the Levis store. Didn't even think I'd find a thing for me. Well, a while back, I mentioned to someone that Levis discontinued my favorite line of jeans, the good ole 505. And it was hit or miss when trying to locate stores that might still have some on hand. (Apparently they never stopping making the 505 jeans for men.) They had straight legs and were made of stretchy fabric as blue as the jeans Opie used to wear. That beautiful, unblemished, retro blue that could best be described as "spiffy." So, in a nutshell, I am now the owner of three (that's all they had in my size.), count 'em, three pairs of spiffy jeans that will keep me looking and feeling spiffy for quite some time.

That reminds me, I need to get into the beddy bye so that I will look and feel spiffy tomorrow. A girl just has to get proper rest while on holiday so that she can keep up with her husband and little boys.

Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment