Friday, February 19, 2010

Got No Hocho

Not so long ago I posted some photos of a new knitting project I'd just begun: a pair of fingerless mitts in a beautiful, multicolored yarn called Hacho, produced by Mirasol. I'd bought one skein of the washable wool while on a little New Year's holiday in a nearby state. A free pattern accompanied the purchase.
So, I finished the first mitt, then began working up the second. I knitted about half of the latter. A few days later, I thought I knit just a few rounds; but I got into a really good knitting groove and was quickly headed toward the finish line.
The checkered flag moment, however, shrewdly avoided me. It was just not to be had that day. The yarn was exhausted. And only four rounds plus binding off until the pair would have been finished.
Oh, miracle of miracles! More of the same yarn has been located. And since it became obvious to me that one skein is not enough, I'm going to get two more. In essence, it would be a waste to buy only one. I'd get my four rounds and bindoff from it, then scratch my head and wonder what the heck I'd do with the remainder. With two additional skeins, I can actually make another pair of mitts or perhaps even a hat.
Meanwhile, I needed a knitting project. It was time for my six month dental checkup, and I always take my knitting along. It's almost a tradition. The staff might not recognize me without a pair of circulars or double points and some sorta fiber. Hence the above photo. I began working up another pair of mitts, this time using a classic, slightly tweedy looking wool from an Australian company called Heirloom. It was a good choice of yarn, so I'm glad I found that little shop while accompanying Squidley on that particular trip.
Well, Squidley and Deutsch and Scout are in the beddy bye and must be wondering where in the world I am. Actually, they are all sound asleep. Scout has no cover on him, and Deutsch has everything covered except his head and those adorable, velvety feet, which are poking out from one end of the "blankie," a la "Wicked Witch of the West under the house" style. How precious to be so darn cute with absolutely no effort!
Wishing each of you a very good weekend.
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment