Monday, February 1, 2010

Big Foot

Thought I'd add additional snow pictures. Note: another patio shot. Yes, there were several on yesterday's post. I added one more because since those photos were published (and shot late in the afternoon and early evening), it snowed quite a bit more, until about four the next morning.















We are having fun with this snow, this snow that originally was forecast as one to three inches, then three to six. I measured an average of thirteen inches, but it possibly was fourteen or more in some areas around here. We traveled some of the main roads this afternoon, and they were, for the most part, dry as a bone. Of course, this snow is very fine and powdery. And I have to say, it is one of the prettiest snows I've seen in quite a long time. And it photographed beautifully. The drawback: my snow boots, which were purchased in Maine about five years ago, are just not tall enough for practical navigating throughout the neighborhood. The arduous walking I indeed did left exceedingly deep prints.
My prediction, which is likely just as reliable as that of any weather predictor, is that we will have at least one or two more "big" snows. Not necessarily a foot's worth. But big.
So, it's beddy bye time for all of us. Nighty night to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment