Thursday, February 18, 2010

Offbeat Photographer




We have had so much fun today but haven't ventured too far from home in recent weeks because of the extreme cold temps. Of course, we did spend a lot of time playing in the snow.
And speaking of the fluffy white stuff, the landscape is still nicely carpeted with snowfall from the infamous Blizzard of 2010. And I can tell you that we're all going to be looking at snow for a pretty long time.
Yesterday I got a tip that there were four deer behind a neighbor's house, likely headed my way. Wearing only a tee shirt, I grabbed an above the knee robe and dashed downstairs, donning my snow boots once I reached the bottom step. With camera strap slung over my shoulder, I headed outdoors.
Nothing. The tip I received did not pay off. Evidently, however, the tip the deer must have received did. Nonetheless, I am not one to just wallow in my lack of good luck. There were great candidates for an ice photo collection out there, and tarry I must not. So, I shot as many photos as I could before frost bite figured into the occasion. (I didn't take time to put on any socks; I was too fearful of missing the photo op.)
At any rate, I plan on publishing some of those photos soon. No deer. Just ice, and plenty of it. And there will soon be snow pictures, too. These days, if you're shooting outdoors, it is highly unlikely that snow won't enter into the photograph taking equation. Unless, of course, you're in Hawaii. They are snowless.
We have had a very busy day and are quite tired.
Nighty night, everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment