Thursday, September 17, 2009

In the Pink with Pinking

A little update on the small project I mentioned this past Monday. I finished cutting the needed pieces that day, so this afternoon I tackled the construction. The idea for the project came from someone who had the idea passed on to her. So, while I cannot claim authorship, I can stake my claim to this version's particular concept.

I chose four coordinating fabrics (including one that is not visible) and from them diligently cut squares from specific areas. Typically, each of the finished pieces showcases a "patchwork" front. My design yields an additional "front," making this project more versatile, as well as giving it even more beauty. Also, the original idea suggested using interfacing, but I chose fleece instead. And three other things. I tacked a bit as I went along, making the sewing much easier. I also did zigzag stitching in the seam allowance, and to the right of that I pinked the fabric edge. Pinking shears are the best!




And lastly, above is a photo of how the finished project looked when it went to its new home.


Scout somehow managed to score a small sample of glitter from our anniversary card. We saw that one coming.



No glitter for dear Deutsch, but you can't take a picture of one and not the other.
Well, it's been a very nice day, including being taken to lunch by Squidley. Other bits of sewing. Reading. And lots of fun playing outside with D and S.
I hope everyone had a nice day and got to do something fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment