Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Duh duh duh duh duh duh, THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!


Not exactly what I look forward to seeing in the backyard, but this lone and spindly fellow, upon closer examination, is delicately pretty.
So, proof positive that I did indeed venture outdoors to capture some of Summer's final moments. After a week of being cooped up in the house, with Theraflu and a box of tissues as two of my strongest allies, I was happy today to emerge from my pajama bunting and parade myself outside in all my street clothes glory. Yippee!
And it's a good thing I felt like getting out and about because sweet Squidley came home ready to wisk me away to a quiet little restaurant for a private celebration of my birthday. The restaurant, however, was not so quiet and not so little and, initially, not so private. There was some sorta exceedingly loud commotion that we noticed as soon as we stepped inside. I think that was the band. And playing music even moldier than that of my generation. At any rate, the hostess asked if we'd like "a quiet table". It turns out they didn't even have such a thing. Nevertheless, we already knew we were going to enjoy ourselves despite the atmosphere, and that we did.
I wish everyone a good night's sleep in what I hope are really cute pajamas. And me? Well, maybe it's just me, but I'm sleeping in my birthday suit. After all, it is my birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment