Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hat's Entertainment

Here is a project just before it was completed. At this point, the cast on "long tail" needed to be woven through the newly crafted fabric.


And this is the finished pull on hat. I knitted this using Regia 4-Fach Haltbar, Design Line by Kaffe Fassett. (I believe I used either size two or three circular needles.) I enjoy designing and making hats using various sock yarns, especially self-patterning and self-striping ones. The Regia sock yarn used to make this project is 75% new wool (superwash) and 25% polyamid, so the hat can be machine washed and machine dried.


Just an overhead view to further show off the lovely self-striping effect. I think the brief splash of light turquoise prevents this little hat from slipping into "Averageville."


While sitting at my sewing desk this afternoon, I started at the sound of something jumping on a patio chair out back. My camera was on the table beside me, so I quickly got a few shots of the interloper as he quickly inventoried the patio. Though the photo is not crystal clear (It was shot through the glass in a French door so as not to disturb the squirrel.), it is pretty obvious that there is something wrong with the little creature's skin. I figure he either has a disease or was attacked; I think the latter is the more likely scenario. I am sad for him, but still, I must say, he appeared to be getting around quite well.


Squidley and I saw a silly comedy at our nearby theatre this evening, then picked up a bit of dinner to take home with us. We had a very enjoyable time and, despite the movie not being all that, we felt adequately entertained.


Well, it's off to nighty-night for me. Sleep well, everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment