Saturday, September 26, 2009

Carpe Diem

Autumn arrived only about four days ago, so we're seeing just a smidgen of color in the trees. There was a distinct coolness today, and a gentle but steady breeze kept the trees in motion for the duration of the afternoon. It was a "I want to don a sweater and some jeans and take a walk through the woods" kind of day. That, I actually didn't do. I did, however, enjoy writing that sentence and relishing the very idea. Tomorrow I will, with fewer chores on my list, seize the day.

Just the start of something beautiful

Snack for the evening: fresh boiled Georgia peanuts. (Don't know if they're really from Georgia, but that just sounds so good.)


pensive

mid-yawn

reserved

reflective


Those quiet, earlier moments of calmness, perhaps, even, boredom, eventually gave way to lots of excitement, punctuated with rapid-fire barking, at the detection of Deutsch's friend, "Frog." This little guy has been with us for the summer, generally hanging out near the light by the French door. On one particular summer evening, I held Deutsch up to get a better look at his "pal," and he proceeded to envelope Frog, in his entirety, in his mouth. Squidley had to quickly pry his mouth open (quite a feat since Deutsch did not want to give even an inch) and remove Frog. Thankfully, he was unharmed.

Deutsch's excitement upon seeing Frog today was especially enthusiastic since we had not seen him for a few weeks. Even when Frog is not around, you only have to say his name for Deutsch to run to the door and look for him. Scout gets excited, but only because he is copying his brother.

Scout barks, too, but he'd much rather be looking at a bunny rabbit.

Deutsch comes eye to eye with his pal that once was almost a fast food meal.
And I did yesterday promise a little look at a project I started the same day. I worked on it a little more this afternoon and hope to complete it fairly soon. I may wait until it is finished before I post any other pictures of it. It is, obviously, a sewing project, and thus far is moving along quite nicely. A seasonal piece that I'm actually starting early enough for it to be ready in time for "its season."

wintertime quilted wall mural


I hope you all are having a pleasant weekend and are getting to do at least a smidgen of the things you find most enjoyable.







No comments:

Post a Comment