Thursday, September 10, 2009


It's rather late in the evening, and I am just now getting to the keyboard to put fingers to keys. I am quite tired, so therefore I am not disappointed that I have few words for posting tonight. I am still recovering from an illness that began nearly a week ago while on the final leg of a journey home from Florida. Though feeling better yesterday for the first time since I started getting sick, today found me a bit puny once again, and my accomplishments, for the most part, reflect that. During the latter part of the afternoon, I decided I would at least make an abbreviated visit to my sewing studio. I did not feel up to sitting at the machine (too much thinking, perhaps), so I carefully guided my little red rotary around the edges of several different templates, cutting geometric shapes from several pieces of cotton I'd laundered several weeks earlier.


One particular fabric that took quite a licking from the rotary wound up looking like a prop from the old "I Love Lucy" show. Remember the episode in which Ricky sat down to breakfast and opened the newspaper for his early morning read, only to find the pages resembled Swiss cheese?


"Lucy, you got some splaining to do!"


Anyway, I must say good night now as I "got some sleeping to do."


Sweet dreams to everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment