Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Falling for Harvest Bouquet.



The above three fabric selections are the beginning of something I hope will develop into something as attractive as their descriptive name: Harvest Bouquet. I do not have a pattern for what I will make (not at all unusual); I simply have an idea of how this project should look after these pieces of material are married. The three have been washed and dried, ironed, and cut into the desired sizes/shapes.
I am continuing with the winter mural that I "sneak peaked" on a recent post. And I am steadily continuing with my homework assignment given by my sock knitting instructor last weekend. I now like the yarn I selected for the project. Immediately after making the purchase, I wasn't too sure. But, as the saying goes, it has grown on me.
Who knows if I'll actually get any sewing done tomorrow. This afternoon I moved things around in the studio, and I made a huge mess in an effort to harness the area where I've taken "creative license" to a whole new level. Others who sew can probably relate. During the sewing process, it is difficult to keep everything in balance all the time, so routinely regrouping is just smart for staying ahead in the ballgame (or at least, keeping up). If one has good organizational skills, then the regrouping task isn't quite the bear it otherwise could be.
Oh, and in continuance with the "donatable clothing" project, I have three items so far in the new stack. Not impressive, I admit, but a start, nonetheless. I will boldly search for more, and I have great confidence I will be successful. The extra space already created in my closet after the removal of seventy-five items means the remaining clothes are now free to breathe. And even flap their sleeves if they have them.
I'm off to bed and in search of seventy-five covers to protect me from the cool Autumn air!

No comments:

Post a Comment