Saturday, October 10, 2009

Savannah by Moonlight and Street Light

the clocked dome of Savannah's city hall at nighttime

Only these upper stories of a downtown structure are lit, and they are, not coincidentally, the prettiest aspect of the building.


The hotel in the background is nice enough, but it's the building's reflection in the Savannah River that is most pleasing to the eye and somewhat alluding to a lovely Monet.


a fixture on Savannah's waterfront


The cobblebrick road paralleling the river is aesthetically pleasing, though I wouldn't want to walk it on a regular basis.


Bicycles are a common sight throughout the city and probably most often are ridden by SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) students and tourists. Seeing this pair made me a bit lonesome for my "firetruck red" Trek back home.
I have much more about Savannah I wish to share with you, through both pictures and commentary. If you've never visited the city, then perhaps you'll be inspired to make a visit in the near future. If you've already been there, or even lived there, then I hope what I share with you evokes lovely memories.
It's been a busy and pleasurable Saturday, though I have spent very little time at home. I did attend the first of three sessions for my sock knitting class. Lots of fun, and I've already knitted about a third of my "homework." This, I know, is the easy part, so I'm cautiously anticipating reaching the point when it is time to add a heel.
Later, we drove about forty-five minutes to have dinner at a new restaurant. Well, the place has probably been open for about a year and a half now. We just kinda kept forgetting about it. Anyway, it was a really nice treat.
So, I'm going to call it a day. I think I hear my bed calling out my name. Oh, You-who!

No comments:

Post a Comment