Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lady with the Bun and Black-rimmed Glasses

A true Savannah native will immediately recognize this landmark bridge. We did not cross over the structure during our recent trip; however, when heading out to Bluffton or Hilton Head Island, as we have many times, this striking bridge marks the start of our route.

Also very recognizable and quite distinct is the Moon River Brewing Company, located on Bay Street. Nearly impossible to miss this one.

These two are but a tiny sampling of photos, taken during our holiday in Savannah, Georgia, that I wish to share with you. (Should be able to access those photos soon. Having "lost" both of our laptops within weeks of one another, I am temporarily banished to the upstairs cave and forced to use "the old ball and chain" I used "pre-wireless." Hey, it could be worse. I could be using a computer at a table in the public library, trying desperately to compose my thoughts while the reference librarian keeps going, "Shhh. Shhh. Shhh.")

My day was busy with sewing projects, a bit of knitting on a project that is nearly finished, laundry, playing with Deutsch and Scout, exercising, etc. Then Squidley came home and asked if he could take me to a movie. Yippee! I quickly changed out of my exercise clothes and freshened up a bit. We got there to find we were two of only about a dozen who were there to see the movie. Hmmm. Maybe everyone but us twelve knew something about the movie we didn't. Well, as it turned out, they apparently didn't. The film, "500 Days of Summer," was quite enjoyable, and we are glad we saw it. Good story and excellent editing.
Well, I'm going to do a bit of editing, too, and put myself into bed. Deutsch and Scout are already there since we promised them a pajama party.
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment