Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ants Sold Separately

Today's post offers some photographs of a project I only just started. One afternoon, during a little three night holiday we took over the New Year's Eve/New Year's Day weekend, I popped into a local quilt shop and purchased something for the first time: pre-cut fabric squares. And I also chose some border, binding, and backing fabrics for what is my first quilt. (That doesn't include the Fall patchwork runner I made for a sideboard in our sitting room.) Perhaps this shouldn't count either, considering the project is quite small. Nonetheless, I'm going to count it. When completed, I hope to have a very pretty picnic quilt.



At last I decided exactly how I wanted to place the five inch squares.


This is a closeup of the above arrangement.


This picture was taken after the squares in each of the seven rows were stitched together. The next step will be ironing the strips. Then those will be sewn together.


This is is a closeup of the previous shot.




And because it's Wednesday, these two "Sherlock Holmes" promo pieces, encased in two theatre poster display cases, are this week's subjects for my regular "Windows into Wednesdays."
And on the subject of detectives, I may just have to call on good ole Nancy Drew to help me solve "The Case of the Patchwork Quilt Maker." I know that I alone cannot figure why one buys fabric, takes it home and cuts it into small pieces, then sews it all back together again. What genius came up with that idea?
A good evening to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment