Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Seven Squared is Forty-nine

This afternoon I worked briefly on the picnic quilt. The above photograph is the latest look, after being ironed.
First, I needed to open the seams in each strip.

Pressing those newly opened seams was next. Lastly, I stitched the seven patchwork rows together to form the quilt top.

I also pressed the fabric that will be used for the border, a very pretty blue mini-print. I cannot add that to the quilt top sides until I have added a touch of trim, a purchase I have not yet made.
The day has been pleasant, and the temperature high was in the fifties. We have learned, however, that cold weather is on its way back soon. That's ok. And more snow would be ok, too. Squidley just loves snow. And Scout is wild about it, too!
And, on the subject of Squidley, I have to give five stars to his homemade Italian wedding soup he served tonight. Wonderful! He usually adds orzo to it but tonight added a different pasta. I think this one is even better.
I hope everyone had a good week.
Nighty night.


No comments:

Post a Comment