Wednesday, January 13, 2010

anyone lived in a pretty how town

I try balancing my picture posts of Deutsch and Scout. Today's entry, howevver, is blatantly unfair and unbalanced. Things will even out next time when I publish four of Deutsch and one of Scout. I try not to show any partiality when it comes to these two little guys because they are both loved very much.







I was in bed all morning and about half of the afternoon today, still feeling puny. At nearly six this evening I mustered all the energy I could to get myself out the door and over to a friend's for a hair appointment. As bad as I was feeling, I just kinda thought getting my hair done might give me at least a little lift.
The most special thing about today is that it is the birthday of my sweet and handsome j. (The lower case "j" is just a brief salute to j himself, who could possibly have been an e e cummings protege. ("reflections on a gift of watermelon pickle received by a friend called felicity?")) Having been under the weather for over a week, I had not been able to shop for a card. (I'd though of making one but had no energy for doing that or anything). So a telephone call was the birth day communication of choice. The conversation was not long at all, but I did get to wish a very good day.
So, I am going to get myself into bed for even more rest.
Take care, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment